How Long to Learn K. Greek?

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 09:03:23 EDT

List Members, including lurkers and the more verbal types. Here is a question
that anyone can respond to. In a private exchange with one of our younger
members I suggested that learning NT Greek takes a while. I gave 10-20 years
as a sort of rough estimate for the time it takes to become reasonably
proficient. Rather than try and justify this opinion I thought I would just
put this question on the list.

How long, does it take for some one who not a John Brown type to become more
or less competent in NT Greek?

If this is a silly question then just ignore it.

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

" A gentleman will always cut a cad."