The governing body of any country is essential to the history of its people; it makes the history, sets the precedent and provides the stage.
This chapter is split into four sub- categories:
- Imperial Government contains documents which were devised, signed or otherwise implemented during the imperial era of Chinese governing history and are generally dated prior to 1911.relating are treaties, imperial decrees, communications and letters relating to Chinese History.
- Republican Government (including Taiwan) contains documents relating to the formation (1911), extension (1911- 1949) and continuance (1949- present (Taiwan)) of the Republican government.
- People's Republic Government contains documents relevant to the People's Republic of China, generally dated after 1949.
- Other Documents are ones which may relate to the governmental eras, but have not necessarily originated in China, such as those concerning Manchukuo.
- Republican Government (including Taiwan)